Hello! I'm Kayla Fahey-Ahrndt. I know that's a mouthful...you can call me KFA.
I create resources, tools, and artwork to support the vibrant lives of creative young professional women working in science and health care.
I'm learning as I go, but I'm all about sharing since I haven't always had someone to share with me!
Most days you can find me:
- Wearing a lab coat paired with bold lipstick (Sephora eats my bank account)
- Rocking it in a blazer running a meeting
- Singing in the kitchen or car (loudly and proudly--Judy Garland circa 1940's anyone?)
- Sifting through my purse full of bobby pins, blue pens, and charcoal pencils
- Drinking all the coffee
I am known for my big smile and optimism! I once won the "Big Ideas" award because I believe there's always a way!
I am married to DJ, my college lab partner (#lab2lifepartners)...He's still "the boy on the bus from college, can't believe he's mine" kinda man to me! *goo goo eyes* We have two fur babies, Sadie and Raleigh, who are super spoiled and over-cuddled. AND...we have a non-fur baby on the way...due August 2018! #lab2lifepartners2parents
If you're still interested, here's more about me:
- I've been drawing since forever. In 5th grade, I drew the yearbook cover, and that's around when my art teacher started pushing me harder to do better. I picked it up from my Grandpa "Buddy" who showed me how to draw a rose--my signature drawing.
- I majored in Clinical Laboratory Sciences from the University of Minnesota, and I now have a national board certification in both Medical Laboratory Science and as a Specialist in Blood Banking. Officially, I'm Kayla Fahey-Ahrndt, MLS(ASCP)SBB. I currently supervise multiple major Transfusion Services/Blood Banks in Minneapolis, MN.
- I'm an online Masters in Public Health student through the George Washington University in D.C. I'm interested in health communications and health policy. Someone appointment Health Commissioner, please!
- I am an active volunteer with the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN). I often lobby my lawmakers to support legislation that benefits cancer patients, chronic disease patients, and their families.
- I was awarded Young Professional of the Year by the American Cancer Society in 2015 for my work with Relay For Life and ACS CAN.
Still reading? :)
Let's connect! Email me at email@example.com, direct message me on Instagram, or subscribe below!